First of all, we would like to share a big thank you to our community and supporters for your patience; we have been busy strategising at ICX Australia and have updated our proposal — we are excited to share it with you!
Our goal at ICX Australia is to become a P-Rep and block producer for ICON. As a P-Rep we will deliver value to the ICON ecosystem in the following ways:
- Host a monthly Australian community webinar to explain ICON, answer questions and discuss ICON updates.
- Create and moderate Australian ICON Telegram, directing community members to valuable online resources.
- Honestly represent our delegates interests in all on-chain governance matters.
- Engage with our community to cooperatively make governance decisions.
If ICX Australia is elected as a Main P-Rep and receives the block reward in addition to the Representative Reward, we are able to expand our offering to include:
- Create ICX Pay, a ICX enabled payment processor based on BTC Pay.
- Maintain and expand ICX Pay to support open source tools, and ecosystem development projects.
- Manage and fund Community Hubs in major Australian cities.
- Fund DApp and EEP projects.
- Provide partnership opportunities to ICON in the Australian ecosystem.
- Run a state of the art ICON node with maximum security and efficiency.
- AWS Cloudwatch and backup infrastructure to ensure constant uptime.
Let us explore these key areas in more detail.
Cryptocate, a partner in ICX Australia, is a trusted Australian company that has dedicated their time to assisting individuals and businesses to better understand and use blockchain technology.
ICX Australia will provide ICONists with access to education and support services to assist their journey as ICONists.
In order to raise the level of education around ICON in Australia we will:
- Facilitate a monthly educational webinar to assist the community in understanding ICON.
- Promote educational content and publish through our social media channels.
- Operate our ICX Australia Telegram as a means to ensure the smooth introduction of new members to our community, and support developers.
We look forward to bringing new ideas to blockchain communities around Australia, as well as sharing concepts with the existing community of ICONists.
ICX Australia commits to honestly representing the interests of the global ICON community, and that of our delegates, in all on-chain governance matters. We will engage the stakeholders of ICX Australia in open discussions to arrive at conclusions that benefit the entire ICON network.
Therefore, our strategy when making governance decisions will be as follows:
- Conduct initial investigation into the proposed decision using a cost-benefit analysis and synthesise initial determinations.
- Share initial investigation with ICX Australia community.
- Encourage feedback on our interpretation through Google Forms.
- Review feedback provided and publish response.
This process will allow us to accurately represent our community’s wishes and be the best possible P-Rep we can be.
Usability is one of the key metrics used to analyse new technology. ICX Australia is solving one of they key issues that currently faces ICX adoption: payments.
We plan to create ICX Pay by forking BTC Pay, the world’s leading self-hosted, open-source cryptocurrency payment processor. BTC Pay currently integrates seamlessly with WooCommerce and other online store templates, which means ICX Pay will allow those wishing to set up ecommerce sites that accept ICX to do so effortlessly.
If elected as a Main P-Rep, we will use a percentage of our Representative Reward for the initial build, as well as the ongoing maintenance and support of the platform. ICX Pay will be of significant benefit to the widespread use of ICX and enable a new economy of ICX fuelled ecommerce. ICX Australia endeavours to make this technology widely accessible and exceptionally user friendly.
It is well known that community forms the heart of every cryptocurrency project. If elected as a Main P-Rep ICX Australia will build a decentralised Australian community that is focused on enabling community members, developers, and investors to participate in the ICON network.
ICX Australia’s goal is to have an ICON community in five major cities in Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth. We will start by running Meetups in our local cities of Adelaide and Melbourne, with plans to launch hubs in other states as ICONs Australian community grows.
These hubs will receive ICX from our Representative Reward to run monthly meetups and community expansion projects both online and offline.
There are many great plans in development across the global community of ICONists. The ICON foundation is developing methods of support through EEP and DApp projects.
ICX Australia plans to use our Representative Reward to directly fund development projects such as EEPs and DApps. These will be projects of various scales, from large projects backed by the ICON Foundation, to small DApps and community development projects that are nominated through our Australian community channels.
ICX Australia is intimately connected to the blockchain community in Australia and will leverage existing connections to create new opportunities for ICON.
These opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Becoming a member of the Blockchain Center in Melbourne, making ICON visible to thousands already engaged with blockchain technology.
- Sponsoring the South Australian Blockchain Association, gaining exposure to the South Australian blockchain community.
- Representing ICON to other blockchain organisations and communities in Australia, such as Blockchain Australia to form strategic partnerships.
Running a secure and efficient node is as important as representing our community. Our experience in enterprise security systems will ensure the maximum security for our node, adding another valuable point of decentralised infrastructure to the ICON blockchain.
ICX Australia have experience running Tezos, Bitcoin C-Lightning, Bitcoin Lightning, and Bitcoin core nodes, as well as a BTC Pay server. Steve Daws, our Chief of Technology, has worked in information technology security systems at some of Australia’s biggest companies, such as ANZ Bank, Cisco Systems, Telstra, SingTel and even the Australian Military. Steve’s understanding of digital security is second to none.
Our security approach is as follows: AWS Cloudwatch will be configured to monitor all system availability and performance and will be used to provide our existing operational staff with alerts of any issues. Every four hours a snapshot of the production node will be made, and daily snapshots of the other hosts will be taken and sent to AWS Glacier in an alternate AWS availability zone. This alternate AWS availability zone will be pre-configured as a cold standby complete replica of the production environment allowing a full system recovery to be completed in under 30 minutes. All systems will use hardened OS releases and remote management will be via our existing secure private management network.
ICX Australia are uniquely positioned to reach an entirely new market of blockchain enthusiasts in Australia. We are extensively connected to the blockchain ecosystem here and will act as reputable delegates for the ICON blockchain in conducting our community expansion projects.
As a P-Rep we will deliver high quality education and governance to our community. As a Main P-Rep we plan to reinvest 80% of our Representative Reward directly into community projects, technology development and ecosystem growth.
We hope that you see the value in our proposal and unique global positioning, and choose to grow with us as we expand ICON to Australia.
Join the conversation on our Telegram: https://t.me/icx_australia